Key Features & Specifications
- Five instruments in one (IV Source, IVR Measure)
- Seven models: 20 - 100W DC, 1000W pulsed, 1100V to 1«V, 10A to 10pASource and sink (4-quadrant) operation
- 0.012% basic measure accuracy with 5½-digit resolution
- 2-, 4-, and 6-wire remote V-source and measure sensing
- 1700 readings/second at 4½ digits via GPIB
- Pass/Fail comparator for fast sorting/binning
- Available high speed sense lead contact check function
- Programmable DIO port for automation/handler/prober control (except Model 2401)
- Standard SCPI GPIB, RS-232, and Keithley Trigger Link interfaces
- Keithley LabTracer 2.0 I-V curve tracing application software (download)
Keithley's SourceMeter family is designed specifically for test applications that demand tightly coupled sourcing and measurement. All SourceMeter models and DC power supply products provide precision voltage and current sourcing as well as measurement capabilities. Each source-measure instrument is both a highly stable DC power source and a true instrument-grade 5½ digit multimeter. The power source characteristics include low noise, precision, and readback. The multimeter capabilities include high repeatability and low noise. The result is a compact, single-channel, DC parametric tester. In operation, these instruments can act as a voltage source, a current source, a voltage meter, a current meter, and an ohmmeter. Manufacturers of components and modules for the communications, semiconductor, computer, automotive, and medical industries will find the source-measure instruments invaluable for a wide range of characterization and production test applications.
The Model 2430 1kW Pulse SourceMeter® offers the same DC source and measurement ranges as the Model 2425 100W SourceMeter, plus a unique 1kW pulse mode that extends the upper current limit to 10A. This mode makes the Model 2430 ideal for measuring the breakdown voltage of many types of high-power devices, including multi-layer varistors (MLVs) and semiconductor components. During production testing of these devices, breakdown voltage is often measured under a high current pulse of up to 10A. The Model 2430 combines programmable bipolar voltage and current sourcing of up to 10A @ 100V (pulsed) with all the high-speed testing capabilities common to the Series 2400 family. The Model 2430 can be programmed to produce individual pulses or pulse trains up to 5ms wide and with varying duty cycle on most source ranges. Pulses up to 2.5ms long and an 8% duty cycle can be programmed on the instrument's 1kW range. When combined with a PC controller and the appropriate switching hardware, the Model 2430 provides an economical, high-throughput solution for high-power device testing, all in one compact, half-rack box. Other solutions offering compatible capabilities, such as discrete semiconductor component testers, typically cost four times as much as the Model 2430 and require significantly more rack space.