Features & Benefits
- State-of-the-Art Sampling Oscilloscope for Communication Signal Analysis, TDR / TDT / Serial Data Network Analysis, Acquisition, and Measurements of Repetitive Ultrafast Signals
- Acquisition of Spread Spectrum Clocking (SSC) Signal
- Industry’s Only Mainframe to Support up to 8 Input Channels for Increased Flexibility and Throughput
- Four Color-graded, Variable Persistence Waveform Databases
- Measurement System with Over 100 Automated Measurements
- Complete Suite of Communications Measurements includes Both Types of OMA, SSC Profile, and Many Others
- Automated ITU/ANSI/IEEE Mask Testing
- Masks and Measurements for SONET/SDH, FC, Ethernet, and Other Standards Built-in
- Mask Updates can be Loaded from Factory-supplied File
- Mask Margin Testing for Guard Banding Production Testing
- Acquisition Modules
- Fully Integrated Multirate Optical Modules
- Optical Modules up to 80 GHz 80C10B
- High-accuracy "ER Calibrated" Measurement Available in Some Modules
- Electrical Modules up to 70+ GHz Bandwidth and 5 ps Measured Rise Time (10-90%)
- Flexible Rate Clock Recovery
- Clock Recovery with SSC (Spread Spectrum Clocking) Support Available
- Jitter, Noise, BER, and Serial Data Link Analysis
- Measures and Separates Deterministic Data-dependent Jitter from Random Jitter
- Measures Vertical Noise, Separating Deterministic Data-dependent Noise from Random Noise
- Highly Accurate BER and Eye Contour Estimation, Support for DDPWS
- FFE/DFE Equalization, Transmitter Equalization
- Channel Emulation for Channels with >30 dB of Loss
- Linear Filter for Fixture De-embedding, Linear Filtering
- TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry)
- Up to 50 GHz TDR Bandwidth with 15 ps Reflected Rise Time and 12 ps Incident Rise Time
- Lowest Noise for Accurate Repeatable TDR Measurement Results – 600 μVRMS at 50 GHz
- Independent Sampler Deskew ensures Easy Fixture and Probe De-embedding
- Industry’s Only Mainframe to Accommodate up to Four True-differential TDR or Electrical Channel Pairs for Increased System Versatility
- S-parameter Measurements
- Up to 50 GHz Differential, Single Ended, Mixed Mode; Insertion Loss, Return Loss, Frequency Domain Crosstalk, Mode Conversion
- PCI Express, Serial ATA, Infiniband, Gigabit Ethernet Manufacturing, and Standard Compliance Testing for Gigabit Signal Path and Interconnects – Including Eye Mask Tests
- Intuitive, Easy, and Accurate for Serial Data, Gigabit Digital Design, and Signal Integrity
- Fast and Accurate Automated Multiport S-parameter Measurements with Command Line Interface
- Industry’s Best Standard Time-base Jitter Performance, 800 fsRMS
- Industry-leading Time-base Jitter Performance, <200 fsRMS*1 Available with Phase Reference Module
- Fast Acquisition Rate and High Throughput
- Remote Samplers enabling Placement Near DUT for Superior Signal Fidelity
- FrameScan™ Acquisition Mode with Eye Diagram Averaging:
- Isolate Data-dependent Faults
- Examine Low-power Signals
- MS Windows XP Operating System
- Advanced Connectivity to 3rd party Software
- Design/Verification of Telecom and Datacom Components and Systems
- Manufacturing/Testing for ITU/ANSI/IEEE/SONET/SDH Compliance
- High-performance True-differential TDR Measurements
- Advanced Jitter, Noise, and BER Analysis
- Impedance Characterization and Network Analysis for Serial Data Applications including S-parameters
- Channel and Eye Diagram Simulation and Measurement-based SPICE Modeling
- *1 Typical, with the Phase Reference module, some conditions apply. Without the module, the jitter is <800 fsRMS (typical).
Superior Performance with Extraordinary Versatility
For developing today’s high-speed serial devices, the DSA8200 Digital Serial Analyzer sampling oscilloscope is the most versatile tool for communication, computer and consumer electronics gigabit transmitter and signal path characterization, and compliance verification. With exceptional bandwidth, signal fidelity, and the most extensible modular architecture, the DSA8200 provides the highest performance TDR and interconnect analysis, most accurate analysis of signal impairments, and BER calculations for current and emerging serial data technology.
The multiprocessor architecture, with dedicated per-slot digital signal processors (DSPs), provides fast waveform acquisition rates, reducing the test times necessary for reliable characterization and compliance verification.
The DSA8200’s versatile modular architecture supports a large and growing family of plug-ins enabling you to configure your measurement system with a wide variety of electrical, optical, and accessory modules that best suit your application now and in the future. With 6 module slots, the DSA8200 can simultaneously accommodate a Clock Recovery module, a precision Phase Reference module, and multiple acquisition modules, electrical or optical, so you can match system performance to your evolving needs.
Featuring industry-leading signal fidelity, the family of electrical modules includes bandwidth performance from 12 GHz to 70+ GHz. Two true-differential Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) modules, with remote samplers, offer up to 50 GHz bandwidth and 15 ps reflected rise time and 12 ps incident rise time. The family of low-noise variable-bandwidth electrical modules provides the industry's best noise performance with remote samplers, featuring 450 μVRMS noise at 60 GHz, and 300 μVRMS at 30 GHz.
DSA8200 optical modules provide complete optical test solutions with superior system fidelity from 125 Mb/s to 43 Gb/s and beyond. The modules cover a range of wavelengths for both single- and multi-mode fibres. Each module can be optionally configured with a number of selectable optical reference receiver (ORR) filters and/or a full bandwidth path. The 80C07B, 80C08C, and 80C11 can be configured with a number of available flexible integrated clock recovery options. The 80C12 and 80C14 Multirate module clock recovery support is achieved with an electrical output for use with the 80A05 module, or CR175A/CR125A instruments.
The DSA8200’s popular FrameScan™ acquisition mode can be used with patterns from DUTs, BERTs, and other sources, to isolate pattern-dependent effects in transmitters or show the bit sequence preceding a mask violation. FrameScan automatically sequences the time base so that each bit of the data stream is acquired in time order. When used in combination with mask-testing conditional acquisition features of the DSA8200, such as stop after mask hits, FrameScan can automatically identify at which bit a pattern-dependent failure occurred.
In addition, specialized modules supporting features such as single-ended and differential electrical clock recovery, electrostatic protection for the TDR, and connectivity to the popular TekConnect probing system brings you the performance of Tektronix state-of-the-art probes for high-impedance and differential probing. Low-impedance probes for 50 Ω probing and for TDR probing are also available.