Continuing our series of posts that provides a look inside the MATsolutions accredited calibration and repair lab, this week we feature the Mahr Federal 130B-24 Gage Block Comparator. We calibrate and repair over 25,000 assets annually in our 6,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art lab, which includes a full range of capabilities from test equipment, mechanical & physical/dimensional devices and tooling, and specialized measurements including humidity, temperature, and light.
The 130B-24 Gage Block Comparator is one more example of our commitment to continually invest in cutting edge capabilities that expand the breadth and depth of calibration offerings and services available from MATsolutions.
130B-24 Gage Block Comparator
Overview: Mahr Federal's 130B-24 Gage Block Comparator is truly the industry standard. It is specifically designed for the measurement of gage blocks by comparison, with no compromises made. The Model 130B-24 provides the ultimate in resolution and reproducibility for measurement of industry's most important dimensional standards.
Used for calibration of: Gage Blocks
- Resolution of 0.1 microinch/0.001 micrometer
- Repeatability of 0.2 microinches/0.005 micrometers (6σ < 1 microinch/0.025 micrometer)
- Measurement capacity from 0.010" through 4" (0.25 mm through 100 mm)
Importance of the 130B-24 Gage Block Comparator in the MATsolutions lab:
MATsolutions believes it’s important to have as broad a range of test & measurement, mechanical and physical/dimensional capabilities as possible under one roof, and we are continually growing and expanding our offerings.
The 130B-24 Gage Block Comparator is one such example, and allows us to provide our customers with:
- Faster turnaround time – typically 3-5 days;
- Better value - with all the work being done directly by MATsolutions, there’s no additional 3rd party mark-up;
- Single point of accountability - keeping the work in-house means we have full control over the quality of the work, from start to finish.
Visit our website to see the full range of our calibration capabilities, from electrical, test and measurement, and optical to mechanical and physical dimensional. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Talk to us – we’re continually assessing our lab capabilities in order to offer you the service you need. And stay tuned for more about our advanced lab capabilities; subscribe to our blog to receive all the posts in this series, as well as other news, important updates, and monthly specials.