MAT offers various leasing and payment options for all Lab-Certified Pre-Owned Test Equipment we sell and all MAT Services we deliver, along with the flexibility and resources to find solutions which work for our customers. Contact us to discuss how we can structure a financing solution to meet the needs of your business.
Benefits of Financing
- 100% Financing. With financing, there are very little upfront costs. Zero to two month's payments may be due at the start of the finance contract, and you can cover soft costs such as installation and shipping.
Tax and Accounting Benefits. The IRS does not consider Tax Leases to be a purchase, but rather a tax-deductible overhead expense. Therefore, you can lower your taxable income by deducting the lease payments. Non-Tax Leases are attractive to business owners who want the tax benefits of ownership - use of IRC 179, accelerated depreciation. More information on lease types can be found below, and as always, you should consult your tax advisor for specific guidance.
- Balance Sheet Management. Because a Tax Lease is not considered a long-term debt or liability, it does not appear as debt on your financial statement - making you more attractive to banks by improving ROA due to a lower asset base.
- Flexibility. Unlike traditional loans, you can structure payments to meet your cash flow including deferred and seasonal payments. Convenient end-of-financing options include purchasing, returning, or continuing to lease the equipment.
- Upgrade Technology. Financing can lower obsolescence risk because you can upgrade or add equipment as your industry and needs change, and it's simple with a Master Agreement.
- Speed and Simplicity. Quick credit approvals ensure that you get your equipment as fast as possible, and many transactions require just a short one-page credit application.
- Preserve Credit Lines. A lease does not affect your credit line, while also diversifying your credit profile.
Types of Leases
Fair Market Value Lease (Operating Lease / True Lease)
This type of lease is primarily designed for businesses that want the lowest monthly payment with the greatest flexibility at the end of the lease term. Upon end of term, the lessee may purchase the equipment at its present fair market value, continue leasing the equipment on a monthly basis, or return the equipment with no further obligation. Benefits include:
- Lowest Monthly Payments — Preserve and predict cash flow
- Tax Benefits — Operating Leases generally qualify as operational expenses, allowing each payment to be 100% deductible
- Improved Financial Statements — Protect liquidity ratios and reduce debt leverage
- Flexible Lease-End Options — Guard against obsolesence
$1 Buyout Lease (Finance Lease / Capital Lease)
This type of lease is primarily designed for businesses that want to own the equipment at the end of the lease term. The lessee claims ownership of the asset for tax purposes, allowing them to also claim depreciation and interest expense deductions. At the end of the lease term, the lessee may purchase the equipment for $1. Benefits include:
- 100% Financing — Full cost of the equipment is rolled into the monthly payments with no residual payment due at end of term
- Tax Benefits — Allows customer to claim depreciation and interest expense deductions